Solutions for Complex Family Law Problems
The divorce and family law practice at Arroyo Copland & Associates, PLLC, has helped families and individuals in Albany and the Capital District area for the past 30 years. The firm has built a strong reputation for providing prompt, individualized and effective advice and advocacy. Working in all areas of family law, we provide experienced and comprehensive counsel in both divorce and nondivorce matters.
Our family law attorneys work closely with our clients to make sure that our solutions are well-matched to clients’ needs and circumstances. In our experience, people who have a good understanding of their legal rights and responsibilities in family law problems make better decisions for themselves and their children. They also go through the challenges of divorce or child custody disputes with less stress and uncertainty.
Our lawyers believe that the better we understand your goals, your situation and your expectations, the better we can advocate on your behalf. We make sure that you are fully engaged with all stages of matrimonial and family law procedures so that you can take full advantage of your options for achieving your objectives. Call us now at 518-464-6000.
Comprehensive Solutions for Complicated Family Law Problems
With a fully developed practice, our law firm is also able to assist clients whose divorce or family problems are complicated by problems with the justice system or Child Protective Services. By addressing all aspects of a client’s legal situation, our Albany family law attorneys can find solutions and achieve results that might be harder for a more specialized practice to obtain.
We handle divorce and family law problems such as:
- Divorce — Assistance with contested or uncontested divorces under New York’s recent no-fault legislation.
- Separation agreements — Protect yourself while you are living apart and lay the groundwork for a divorce with a separation agreement.
- Child custody and visitation — Develop a parenting plan that meets your needs and those of your child/children.
- Property division and asset valuation problems — An accurate valuation of your property is critical to an equitable distribution of your marital assets.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements provide protection by taking the uncertainty out of the division of assets and spousal support in the event of a divorce.
- Child support — Representing individuals seeking to establish, challenge or modify child support in divorce, custody and paternity matters.
- Spousal maintenance and support — Learn about your rights and interest in spousal support.
- Modification — Get help with modification of divorce decrees and family court orders.
- Enforcement — Assistance with enforcement of Family Court and Supreme Court orders and judgments.
- Grandparents’ rights —Helping grandparents protect their rights to see their grandchildren.
- Adoption — Assisting with stepparent, grandparent and domestic adoption.
Utilizing Our Experience to Help You With Your No-Fault Divorce
As a law firm that has practiced intensively in divorce and matrimonial law since 1985, Arroyo Copland & Associates, PLLC, is in a good position to advise you about the legal, practical and strategic impact of the 2010 legislative changes that introduced no-fault divorce into New York practice. Spouses can now file for divorce alleging that the marriage has broken down irretrievably for a period of six months. However, all other issues must first be resolved: custody, child support, spousal maintenance, equitable distribution of assets, debt allocation, etc. Thus, our years of experience in the matrimonial/family law areas of practice will be invaluable to your case.
Get Answers to Your Matrimonial Law Questions. Call Us Today!
For more information about the family law practice at Arroyo Copland & Associates, PLLC, contact us in Albany.